Friday, May 8, 2009

Thing Seventeen

This one was super hard for me. I watched Podcasting in Plain English and looked at all the podcast directories (Yahoo gave me a "file not found" message). I liked Podcast.com and found some Aesop's fables to listen to and loaded them to my GoogleReader account. Listening wasn't a problem. It was trying to download a catcher to my computer that was the problem. I used Podcast Alley and tried downloading Roberts Podcatcher because it had 3 stars out of five. None of the podcast downloaders seemd to have more than 3 stars. It downloaded okay, but when I tried to add a podcast it gave a "run time error" message that the file already exists. I couldn't figure out what to do. Finally, I downloaded My Podder, which was easier and figured out how to add the Aesop's fables. Yay! That's as far as I want to go with it. I probably won't listen to podcasts, however, I do want to learn how to make them. I think they would be great for creating storytimes on our website that patrons could subscribe to. Also, our Adult Services staff have been making podcast tutorials for our electronic databases using CaptureFox so I know they can show me how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment