Saturday, January 31, 2009

Third Thing

I braved my way through all those blogfinder sites and all the links to other sites that sent me to even more sites. Nada. I'm a librarian. Why couldn't I find just the right search terms that would steer me effortlessly to the blog of my dreams? Maybe because I was searching at midnight, way past my bedtime, but I just couldn't find anything. Granted, I didn't try the advanced searches, but still...I thought I would find something. All the sites are fairly straightforward and easy to use, but I guess I need to improve my search techniques. Don't get me wrong--I got lots of results (too many), just nothing that was remotely interesting to me. I suppose I could have opened up even more of the links to read the excerpts than I did, but who has that kind of time? I even tried some of the "top blogs" and "favorites." Not appealing to me.

So, here's what I did. I called my daughter and asked her if she follows any blogs. She told me her favorite one, I read it and loved it, and that one suggested others and all were related to my own interests. That's what works best for me--word of mouth advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment