Friday, May 8, 2009

Thing Fifteen

I can't say that that I have a list of favorite websites, as in "I love these websites and want to visit them again and again!" But, I certainly have lots of websites that I need to use for work and have bookmarked.as favorites. Years ago when I worked reference desks often, we used to keep paper copies of places to look for commonly asked questions, for example in a rolodex or a notebook. We all know why those were difficult to use and why electronic information in links or lists is so much faster and easier. So, any technique that groups what you need in one spot certainly has value in the reference setting, or many other library settings. I believe it's better for a work group to decide on one solution and then have everyone add to and use the same tool. That way great stuff can be seen and shared by others.


No comments:

Post a Comment